Xtreme Fabric Coatings are designed to offer a range of properties to meet the challenges of the acute care market, without compromising on other functionality.
- Multi stretch: When combined with the correct substrate, Xtreme provides multi-direction stretch which will conform to the contours of the patient and medical apparatus for maximum comfort.
- Breathable: The moisture vapour transfer or "breathability" properties of Xtreme Fabric Coatings help improve patient comfort and contribute towards the reduction of pressure sore development.
Easy to Clean:
Acute care environments which focus on the clinical care of patients have to follow detailed cleaning protocols and need a fabric that will withstand higher levels of concentration over prolonged contact times. Higher concentrations of chlorine can accelerate the aging of traditional polyurethane fabrics. Xtreme Fabric Coatings offer extended life compared to these traditional formulations, with increased resilience to frequent or prolonged exposure of 10,000 ppm of active chlorine.
- Xtreme Fabric Coatings are waterproof and have been vigorously tested internally and independently to simulate the demanding conditions experienced in the healthcare sector.
- Xtreme offers excellent resistance to hydrolysis which ensures that the coating will not deteriorate during the life span of the product.
- Xtreme when used on welded covers with the appropriate substrate, ensures the seams are both fully waterproof and ingress proof.
Pressure Relief (Anti-Decubitus):
- DecaBDE and Halogen free
- Oeko Tek class 1
- Reach & ROHS compliant
- Biocidal Products Regulation compliant
- Wide coating capability: We are able to supply coated fabrics up to 220cm wide, reducing production costs.
- Advanced manufacturing techniques allow efficient production, from production to coating application.
- Extended Product Life.
- Xtreme Fabric Coatings are flame retardant and are independently tested to ensure that they conform to UK Standards. In addition, Xtreme fabric coatings can be adapted to meet specific international standards.
- Our formulations are Halogen free and Deca BDE free.
Technical Specification Summary
Xtreme Coatings boast an outstanding collection of technically properties that have been developed and implemented to give Xtreme a competitive advantage over other technical coatings. These technical properties include:
- Hydrolysis resistance >1 year
- Excellent resistance to active chlorine
- Halogen and DECA BDE free
- FR to BS7175 Crib 5 / Crib 7 variant available
- Autoclave resistant
- Dry Cleanable
- Washable to 95°C
- Oeko-Tex class 1
- Cytotoxicity - Grade 2
- Non-irritating to the skin
- Antibacterial & Antifungal treated
- HF Weldable
- Good stretch
- MVP (moisture vapour permeability)
- WPR ˃5m (water penetration resistance)